Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Have A Feeling...

I have a feeling that Sergei Bobrovsky is the new Steve Mason, Cam Ward, or maybe even Patrick Roy. I might be getting ahead of myself but his name has been on my blog 5, no, 6 times now. Not to mention this from a previous post, "Philadelphia's Sergei Bobrovsky puts together a Steve Mason-esqe season and wins the Calder Trophy as best rookie..." This may seem a little steep for just two games. I don't care. The last time I liked a rookie this much, well let's just say he is a captain, wears 18 and has lead our team in points for two of the last three seasons. That's right when Jeff Carter, and R.J. Umberger, and Antero Niittymaki beat Richards out for Flyers rookie of the year I still knew he was special. He was my favorite all year. Among other Flyers rookies I have favored Steve Downie, Claude Giroux/Luca Sbisa, and James van Riemsdyk. Two of which are league known, one is getting better as the days progress, and the last will be a Timonen-like player. So, in this being the first goalie, I still feel confident. Hey Laviolette, do us all a favor and keep Bob in net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what your thinkin'